Monday, December 17, 2012

A brown Christmas

Being a native of Nevada (sort of), I am used to having a brown Christmas. Never white, just.... brown. Obviously, it's a desert, and much more of a desert than Utah. Every year, during the week before Christmas we go down to Henderson to have a little Christmas with my parents and Matt and Jen. This year it happened to be during Brooklyn's and my birthdays! We had a great time, even though it was a short trip. We went to see the cactus garden with all the lights - the pictures don't do it justice. It was beautiful.


Brooklyn had a fun time with Grandma! 

We went to Geisha's Steakhouse (delicious!) to celebrate my birthday. And Matt's. And Jen's. Our birthdays are all so close it was a joint celebration!



Brooklyn was in heaven with Grandpa Hanks running around as Santa. She followed him everywhere when he was home. 


Waiting for her birthday dinner! She had fun playing with Aunt Jen.


Happy birthday to me and Brooklyn! I turned 27. Yikes. I feel like such an oldie! 


My dad has a show at the Fashion Show Mall every year, and this was our first time seeing it! It was so cool! Here is a pic of Santa, his elves, and Brooklyn.



People crowd around the runway to see this show. Dad does singing and dancing, and he looks mighty fine! Brooklyn loved it too, of course.

Doesn't he make the best Santa? Yes. He does.

1 comment: