Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hallowaste of candy

Halloween is my least favorite holiday. I don't like the decorations, I don't like scary movies (or scary anything), I don't like giving pounds of sugar and chocolate to children all at one time, and I don't like coming up with costumes. It's the most ridiculous holiday. There, I said it. Although Brooklyn was old enough to trick-or-treat and know what was going on, so that was more fun. Craig dressed up as an M&M, and Brooklyn was a Ute cheerleader. First we went trick-or-treating at Craig's work, where Brooklyn came home with 500 pieces of candy.


Later we went up to Snowbird, which was the most fun part of the day. People in the hotel put signs on their doors if they're giving out candy, and Brooklyn had fun running through the halls knocking on doors. If they hold the bowl out, she'll grab a huge double-handful of candy, toss it in her bucket and reach for more. Halloween does bring out the best in our children. Not.


This is what she looks like after eating about 3 pieces of candy. Sugar drunk.

I may look happy, but that's because Halloween is over. Finally, we can move on to Thanksgiving and Christmas, the REAL holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment