Monday, June 20, 2011

Teething is my enemy

My poor girl is teething. It's horrible. It's so hard to see her in pain when there's only so much we can do. I can only be glad that when she's older she won't remember! Her Jekyll/Hyde only surfaces occasionally, so she is still usually her cute, happy, normal self. But when it does come out, take cover! She will grow horns and turn into a little monster - not her fault, of course. It just sucks. I want her to feel good and be happy always! It's like shots - I hate going with her to get shots, because she cries and cries and there's nothing I can do. I need to get in touch with my "tough mommy" identity!



She is easily distracted though, which is such a blessing! We took her swimming again, and she liked it this time! I'm not sure she even knew she was in a pool, because she is completely obsessed with her little rubber ducky. She chews on him all day. It was really fun.






Father's Day was wonderful! I made some delicious homemade chicken taquitos with a creamy lime-cilantro dip. YUM! It was fun to spend time in the kitchen together, and I loved spoiling him! I got him some Pampered Chef grilling stuff, with a cookbook and some chipotle rub. I have the most wonderful husband, who happens to also be the greatest dad to Brooklyn! We are some lucky girls. :) I love that dads get a day to be celebrated too, because they do so much. I also am so grateful for my dad who has always been there for me, and taught me how to always put your children first. I love him and I love my Craig!


So throughout all this teething craziness, Brooklyn still makes us laugh. She is such a joy to be around! I love being her mom and getting to know her unique personality!





No comments:

Post a Comment