Sunday, July 10, 2011

Let Us Walk

What a great weekend! Craiggy surprised me on Friday with a little picnic in the park. It was perfect weather (in the shade) and it was so nice to relax and hang out, just the three of us. We had Pizza Hut dippin pizza... Yum!


Possibly her first time standing on grass. She was so intrigued!
Don't tell me my baby's not a redhead...


On Saturday, we were able to participate in a CureSearch Walk to support funding for childhood cancer research! There were close to 1500 people there, and this event alone raised over $70,000! Wowza! It was so fun to be there and see all these people united in a cause.
We wore green bandannas, showing that we were walking for a survivor!
Brinley.


There was a moment of silence while those who have lost a child to cancer released balloons into the air. It was a very touching sight.
Brinley receiving her cancer survivor medal at the ceremony. My favorite quote of the day. After learning she was "4 1/2", the announcer asked her when she would be turning 5. Her response? "On my birthday!"

Brooklyn is rapidly approaching 7 months. Ahh! That reminds me, I need to get a picture up of her sitting up all by herself. :) My big girl. She does so many funny, new things it's hard to keep track of them all. She growls a lot. When she's eating, when she's sitting on the floor, in her crib alone... Just all the time. She also was trying to eat her high chair table. That was pretty funny. She has been getting more and more clingy and much less likely to let a stranger (or anyone besides me and Craig!) hold her. She gets nervous. Silly girl. She's just such a joy to have around, though! I can never say enough how dang cute she is, and how smiley she is. Today she was doing the plank - almost like she was about to do a pushup. I said, "Wow, Brooklyn! Mommy can't even do that!" :)

She certainly gets lots of love. Maybe too much.

1 comment: