Thursday, February 9, 2012

Back to December

Oh my. There's a lot to cover. But I am master of summarizing, so it won't be too bad. WARNING: there will be many pictures. Of my little sweetie!

Our Thanksgiving was nice. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Davis's, and had a great time.




Brooklyn's birthday was fun too. She turned 1! We had a Harry Potter themed party, and thanks to all the help we had from family and friends, it was a huge success! She loved opening presents, although she was more interested in paper and ribbon than what was actually inside. Typical kid.




She also enjoyed her cupcake! She was very dainty at first (she is a little ocd about messes), but after a little help, she got some chocolate on her face. :) It was fun to see her when everyone was looking at her! I thought she would cry, but she didn't. She just looked around and smiled at everyone. There goes my theory that she's shy. She loves being the center of attention!






This picture is from Wiggle Worms at the library. She loves to shake the maracas!

Christmas was really nice too (I didn't get any pictures of Christmas morning! I couldn't believe it. I will not make that mistake again!). Here are our stockings, filled to the brim with Santa's delights!



We spent our New Years in Las Vegas visiting my family. We went with Matt and Jen to a murder mystery party! It was a blast. We took a moment from our game playing adventures with them and Mom and Dad to acknowledge the new year. Brooklyn was an angel the whole time. She really warmed up to my parents and adores my dad. She was great on the road, too!



Buffalo Wild Wings in Utah. Best idea ever.


Brooklyn's most common face. When she sees dogs. She thinks they say, "Ooo! Ooo!" like a monkey.

Life with Brooklyn is fun. She is pretty happy most of the time, and she is learning so much! I can see how much she is growing and developing, and sometimes she surprises me. She understands a lot more than I think!

However, some days are like this.


She loves apples.

She loves to read! Books are her favorite toy.


And of course, she loves Bucket. Who doesn't?



She is her father's child.


Giving kisses to Bucket.






So my update was not nearly as long as I thought! Brooklyn is doing great :) She makes our life so special! And we're about halfway through the semester in school, which means Craig only has 1 1/2 left! Yippee!

Also, I have a new camera. I was complaining to Craig about how much I despise my camera, and he said, "Hey! I have this nice one in the closet that I've been keeping for like 6 years... why don't you see if it's a good one?" It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment