Friday, February 24, 2012

Fruit Snacks

We’ve been having so much fun! I’m experimenting with my camera, and although I’m no professional, I can see how a good camera makes a huge difference! I certainly feel like a profesh :) They load on my computer a lot faster too. Anyway, we’ve been all business as usual, and Brooklyn is growing faster than I can keep up with! She has added a few words to her vocabulary – light (lathhh), Jesus (sess), uh oh (ohh), and that (that!). She also makes her own doggie noises that sound like monkeys, and I can tell she is understanding me now. When I ask her where something is, she’ll find it. She loves to nod her head and say “yeah!” – it’s adorable. She can shake her head “no” too, but doesn’t say that yet. She sorts her food, and doesn't like to eat unless she puts it in her own mouth. She knows how to be soft with animals, and absolutely loves them. She sticks her face right in their face and pets them. It’s sweet.

Craig and I are going on a date tonight! I can’t wait! Dates are so precious – just me and him! I have learned to treasure those moments, even though I love being with Brooklyn. There’s something refreshing about conversing with another adult about adult things… It’s nice. And I always love spending time with my hubby, because I rarely see him! He has school two nights a week, and when he gets home from work, he often has to do homework.

I try to get my homework done during naptimes, but sometimes a 2 hour nap just isn't enough time! I read a blog post that emphasized how much children understand when they're being ignored, so I'm staying off the computer when Brooklyn is awake. I also try to stay off my phone as much as possible, and I see now what I've been missing. Not that I blatantly ignore her, but she is so much happier when I can give her my full attention. Since she's our only kid, I want to spend as much time with her one on one before we have another one. This is our time together! Just the two of us! Here are some fun times:

Bathtime! We have fun. She splashes and gets water all over the floor, and I splash her back and make her look like a Who from Whoville. :)


This was one of my attempted "photo shoots". It was a horrible failure. Brooklyn was in a terrible mood and wouldn't even crack the beginnings of a smile! She just trudged around like a grumpy pants.



And she got stuck in the fence. It took us awhile to get her out, and then she just went right back in.




This is the face she makes when I say, "smile!" It cracks me up. She looks like Craig's baby pictures to a T!

My little Elvin Princess.

She was eating an apple the other day, and she started hitting her chair and wanting more, so I turned around and saw this. When I pulled it off of her head, she looked at me like I was magic! She squealed and grabbed it from me and ate it.

Her new favorite game - carrying a pillow around the house and falling on it. It's. So. Funny. She does it on the bed too; she laughs and laughs until I'm laughing too. Simple pleasures.



Here I am a little ashamed. I put her hair in pigtails after not doing it for a long time, and I just couldn't help myself. I just used some water and a comb and those babies stuck straight up like antennas! This face says to me, "Mom, you're mean. I look ridiculous."


This was her face when she saw a dalmation running across the parking lot. She was ecstatic and chased him all the way to the next building. Unfortunately he went inside and she didn't get to meet him. :( Cutest face ever.

Another new trick is taking off my headband and putting it on her own head. Then back on mine, and hers, etc. I don't know why this is so funny to her but it makes her laugh till she's red in the face. This one broke after we played with it for awhile :( Lesson learned!


The other day I was having a terrible day (we're transitioning to one nap) and decided to comfort myself with a pack of shark fruit snacks, our favorite. I opened them up and dumped them out, and they were all yellow. Ok, there were two oranges, but those are just as bad. Seriously?!? No purples, no reds, no pinks... it was awful. I should write them a letter.

1 comment:

  1. Or tweet about it! Companies respond to you SO fast when you Tweet about them (Or so I'm told. I haven't actually tried it yet.). PS I'm following yo' blog now! I'm new to this blogging thing, but it's kinda fun! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete