Saturday, July 5, 2014

Our Flag Was Still There

I know I've said it before, but my family is the best. I love getting together with my siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins. It's so much fun! As we celebrated the 4th of July this year, I was yet again reminded of how important family is. Here is Stock at the Novak swim party.


And here are some of my kids with their lovely cousins. I love these girls so much!





I am so grateful to celebrate our country's liberty. Freedom is such a beautiful thing, something I too often take for granted. As I watched the fireworks this year, I was taken in by how grandiose they are. I've never been a fan of fireworks, but Brooklyn was running around screaming and laughing, and as we watched them on our driveway, she gave me a new appreciation. They are big, loud, colorful and exciting. I thought about those who fought and continue to fight for our freedom, and the excitement and joy they must have felt when we won our independence. That's why this holiday is awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment